Tuesday, September 15, 2009

How things change


I must apologise, I have neglected you my bloggettes, but I am back and how things have changed...

I vividly remember when my fav former office neighbour and Moroccan travel buddy Bookie introduced me to the joy that is a kosher bagel with butter, Vegemite and cream cheese. Now I cannot recall if I went off-piste by adding the butter or not, but its beside the point. A Vegemite and cream cheese bagel is one of life's greatest joys.

So imagine my surprise when I went to Woolies on Sunday (which is worthy of a whole other blog entry) and found 'new Vegemite' which lists its ingredients as 'Yeast extract and cream cheese' oi, I almost needed a schloof after the excitement passed.

SO of course I purchased the 'new Vegemite' and tonight have sampled it. It has a consistency somewhere between cream cheese and Vegemite (perhaps not unsurprisingly).

Now I would never sit down with a tub of cream cheese and a jar of Vegemite and eat them with a spoon, but its somehow creamier and more delicious when its all processed and popped in a little jar. I could and most likely will eat this with a spoon at some stage and I'm not afraid to admit it.

1 comment:

  1. I'm gagging... that sounds absolutely DISGUSTING. Like my worst food nightmare. But at least I know what this "new vegimite" business is all about now. I thought it was just the same stuff re-packaged and called new. Ugh. At least it involves cheese in some way.
    p.s. about time you updated the blog.

    ReplyDelete