Saturday, May 29, 2010

Flipside: You are dead to me

Here is One's email to Flipside:

I would like to tell you about my experience at your Wembley store tonight (Saturday). I rang in and ordered a Garden Party and a Kenny at 6.45 and was told that the burgers would be ready in 30 minutes. I arrived at 7.15 and paid for the burgers. I asked how much longer and was told 7 minute. I then saw the patties be put on and cooked about 5 minutes later. So about 15 minutes later I walked out with my burgers. I drove home (which is three blocks up Cambridge St) opened the burgers and both were tepid. There was no warmth at all. The buns tasted like they were either stale or had been toasted about 20 minutes too early for the patties.

You charge a premium price for what should be a premium product. Your product and your service fall well short of your promise.

Often your staff quote a time frame for an order that is 15 minutes out of sync with the actual time it takes for the order to be made. If you are not able to deliver on your promise of good quality burgers on time, then stop taking orders and stop wasting your customers time. Tonight I was told 30 minutes, when in fact it took 45 minutes to make the burgers (which were vegetarian and made on a separate grill that was not being used when I arrived and paid for them).

It is such a shame that Flipside has degenerated from a brilliant burger shop when you started in Fremantle to being a mediocre but expensive version of McDonalds in Wembley. The difference of course being that McDonalds will serve up a mediocre burger with fries and a drink within 5 minutes and for less than the price of your burger.

Finally, I would have thought that when a customer rings to let you know that their burgers are cold and that they are bringing them back that your staff might come up with a 'sorry' but no. Your staff simply said to me 'are these the cold burgers', I replied 'yes', the lady then said 'so was that $23 dollars here you go'.

All I can say is that I am thoroughly disappointed.

1 comment:

  1. OMG that's really bad - made so much worse for the total lack of interest and apology from the staff. Boo hiss.xx

    ReplyDelete